Monday, June 14, 2010

Missing

My mother has been in the country for a little over a month. It has been SUCH an eventful month. We've done a lot in those 30+ days:- swaying at 10,000 feet in the air in a cable car over Sandia Peak in New Mexico, zipping each other up for countless ceremonies during my sister's wedding celebrations in Taos, and the two things that are inevitable with us: staying up far too late talking about family, love and life, and of course, shopping.

She just left this morning and it feels very weird not to have her suitcases sitting in my apartment. I got her two miniature lemon poppyseed muffins from the free breakfast downstairs and put it in a ziplock bag for her to eat. I like doing little things for my mother when she visits, like cooking for her and making sure she's comfortable. I guess it's because I see her once a year.

I've been saying goodbye to my parents since I was 15, when I moved to Australia for boarding school. It just never really was something I got used to. At least this time I know it won't be a year before I see her next. I'll be home in my beautiful equatorial trifecta (Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia) in a month!

Off to watch Italy vs. Paraguay.

No comments:

Post a Comment