Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Garlic, Chive and Asiago Knots



Thankfully, my violent little battle with the common cold has met its end and I can now function like a normal human being. In celebration of that, I decided to bake some bread. Only natural, right?

Aside from using my mother's breadmaker back home as a 12 year-old, I have never baked bread from scratch. When a recipe calls for dry active yeast, I turn away in fear. But as I've recently discovered... it's just yeast! You toss it in, let it do its work, the dough rises-- nothing to it!



The original recipe calls for dried Italian seasoning, but the fresh chives at the grocery store were calling me with their fantastic greenness, so chives it is. I also had some shredded asiago lying around, so I added a pinch after the knots had been baking for a while.



Let me tell you, these darlings will cause your kitchen to smell like a happy little garlic and butter paradise. And when they're fresh out of the oven, they are warm and soft and quite simply... the perfect partner for your dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment